A "Reimagining/Reboot" Of Phantasy Star Online Is In Development.





Who said we were done with SEGA scoops?


Here, have another! 

Phantasy Star is SEGA's longest running franchise, and has been going strong since 1987. In 2000, Phantasy Star Online, an online MMORPG subseries, started, released for the Dreamcast. A sequel was released in 2012 and has been ongoing with continuous support since then.  

I'm happy to report that a new installment in the series is in development at SEGA's headquarters in Japan, and is being labeled as either a reboot/reimagining of the original Dreamcast Phantasy Star Online game. It is once again a MMO being developed by the same development team. 

I haven't been told whether or this is a Unreal Engine project, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. No release date has been given, but it does sound like it's a ways out, so don't expect to hear about this one for awhile. 

PSO2 players shouldn't worry, SEGA have no plans to stop support of that game anytime soon. 

I'm someone who spent an ungodly amount of time on the original PSO. it was my first online video game experience in general and I absolutely loved it. If this is taking place in the same universe again, then I'm all about it. 

More soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.