Sonic Frontiers: The Final Horizon Left Me Cold.



Man. 

Do you guys ever have that thing where you have literally zero expectations for, and it just still somehow disappoints you?

This is pretty much that one for me. Sonic Frontiers is not a game I liked very much from the start, and this has soured me on it even more, to be honest. 

I mean, yeah, it's cool and great and awesome that Tails, Knuckles and Amy are playable in 3D again for the first time in ages, but when the actual game design there is not up to snuff, it kinda takes the wind out of my sails. 

So much here just doesn't feel like it wasn't well designed, there are logical inconsistencies in the actual level design, and some of the stuff there is just janky. Tails is good. But, Knuckles and Amy...woof. 

What happened? Knuckles flat out fucking sucks. Nothing about his combat, sections or general control worked for me. Not a one. That was a complete misfire on their end.  

Amy is better, but still not great. Why in the worldis her hammer not her primary attack? It's been in so many games and pieces of media at this point that's it's crazy this is not being used more in the games where it makes the most sense? Tarot cards? Really? It was supposed to just be a cool side hobby, now they've gone and made it the core thing that defines her? Why is Amy treated like this? Why do things that are external have to define her, rather than the opposite? This is so stupid and it just shows they still have no idea what to do with this character. 

And oh boy. Those tower challenges. Some of the most poorly designed, janky, frustrating, piece of shit "challenges" I've ever played in my fucking life. Absolutely absurd. Why in the world did they change the frame count of the parry? Are they fucking insane? Ugh. 

Wyvern is one of the worst bosses to ever be put in a video game, by the way. 

The final fight is cool, I guess. Sonic does more cool Shonen stuff. That's neat. After how disappointing the rest of the game was, I was just relieved to be fucking done. 

I'm gonna keep it real with you guys. I know a lot of people are going to be very mad at me. I never want to touch this game again. Never again. It's really interesting. Talking about this game is how I started the blog in the first place, and so much has happened in the world since then, not just in my life, but in every one of yours too, I bet. It's just kind of amazing how a relatively short span of time can really change things. 

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. So yeah, the secret is out, I've held my tongue on it long enough. I really don't like Sonic Frontiers. The fans are right about the game being "peak".

Peak mediocrity. 


It is what it is. Next game. 

Comments

  1. 10 years of aweful scripts, nostalgia ended in being Forces, which failed even gameplay in many moments. Frontiers is a breath of fresh air after all this dark ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. i removed my previous comment as i came off too harsh on you but unironically you sound miserable

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Games have become more than just a form of entertainment; they've evolved into immersive experiences that transport us to different worlds and challenge our skills. From the adrenaline rush of action-packed adventures to the strategic thinking required in puzzles, Unblocked Games Premium offer a diverse range of experiences for players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also the tower challenges are fun, if you don't like em, simply go to Easy mode where it plays the game for you, since none of ya'll know how to get good at a game

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.