Super Mario Bros. Wonder Looks Incredible.



Well, we finally got a much better look at Mario's latest 2D adventure, and yeah, guys,..


I'm beginning to think Mario is back.


By that, I mean that the plumber is returning to his throne as the rightful king of the platformers at the top of the hill. It's been so so, very long since we've had a 2D Mario game that has blown our socks off. Hell, Super Mario Bros. 3 was nearly four decades ago. World isn't far behind on that either. 

But we're finally here and it damn, it feels good. Everything about this game, from the art style, to the level design, to the new power ups, to how many freaking characters we're gonna be able to play as. They went all out and I'm extremely excited that they did. The Mario franchise as a whole has needed a new breath of fresh air in it for awhile, an coupled with the movie, this exactly what we needed. 

The game is freaking gorgeous. Every single level we've seen so far has been stellar in the visual department. They've really stepped it up here. 

The new enemies are wonderfully designed and a lot of classic Mario enemies have reverted back to their classic designs. I'm over the moon about that. 

Also, the badge system is a freaking awesome addition and it makes me shocked that they didn't do that sooner. It's straight from the Mario and Luigi series. Great idea, speedrunners are going to absolutely destroy this game with some of these abilities. I cannot wait to see how inventive people get with them. 


I have much, much more to say. But I'd like to see the new gameplay coming out this weekend, as well as the possibility of even more details in this imminent Nintendo Direct before I share my full thoughts. We have a few crazy weeks ahead of us. Stay tuned. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I saw Mario bounce off of those bubbles was, "Speedrunning..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.