Quick Thoughts On The State Of Play.



Hey all, I'm back, life's been crazy for the past week, but I can finally sit back and talk. 


Last week was obviously very big, we had a Nintendo Direct on the same day as a State of Play, and they both brought the goods. 


Firstly, we'll get the State of Play out of the way. 


Very bad start, to be honest, I wasn't really feeling it until we got to the last 10 minutes of the show, and then it started to fuckin' pick up. I was sad that we didn't get to see more of Stellar Blade or Rise Of The Ronin, but what we got here was pretty damn good, especially last two games: 


Resident Evil 4 Remake: 



I'm not much of a Resident Evil guy, but RE4 Remake may change my mind on it. Separate Ways looked really cool, and I've always thought Ada Wong herself was very cool. I think it's time to finally see what I've been missing.


Foamstars

Well well, what do we have here? A brand new IP from Square that actually looks new and inventive? It's a miracle! All jokes aside, I'm very impressed with this one so far. The visuals are very vibrant, I'm liking it's unique spin on the typical third person shooter gameplay, and those character designs, my word.



I cannot tell you how much these designs appeal to me. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more and getting my hands on this. This is one to look out for. 


Spider-Man 2:



Spider-Man 2 is and continues to look fucking incredible. Wow. The fact that we were blessed with not one, but two banger trailers was a genuine surprise. I'm so excited so to see where the story goes and I'm even more excited to see who is under this symbiote. Insomniac has been hiding it and hyping this up, so I know this is going to be a really cool twist. Also, holy crap, all of those new suits are freaking awesome and I'm glad insomniac employees got to design their very own Spidey suits. That's got to be an immense honor. I need the game. 


Now, let's talk Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth:



Yup, that is what I call a video game trailer. Unequivocally that is the best trailer of 2023, without a doubt in my mind. I couldn't believe how good it was, my god. They showed so much. The Cloud and Sephiroth team up, Cait Sith, all of the new possible team formations, the open world, exploration, Chocobos, so many other things. This is going to need an article in and of itself but they absolutely nailed it. I cannot wait. My most anticipated game right now is a three way tie between Mario Wonder, Spidey and Rebirth. And given just how incredibly good that trailer was, I may have to give the edge to Rebirth. 


That was it for the State of Play, let's tackle the Direct next. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.