Thank You, Mr. Martinet.



So, there you have it. Charles Martinet is officially out as Mario. I know people were expecting a quicker take from me, but honestly. I was so shocked that I just had to just sit here and process it for awhile. I'm pretty sad, but this man has worked his ass for thirty years bringing joy and happiness to untold millions of people. This man was the voice of gaming. It's a weird feeling. 


Charles, from all accounts, is an incredibly joyous soul and an extremely nice individual. I met him at an event years ago and he was such a total sweetheart. What a guy. Unfortunately, Charles can't be doing this forever, and with Switch nearing the end of it's very long life cycle. This was probably the right time to do this. 


This is just one of many upcoming wide sweeping changes coming to the Mario franchise. Including more games with more full on voice acting. 


That said, I'm definitely sad, but I'm just happy Charles gets to spend more time with his family. He's earned it and then some. 


Thank you, Charles. For everything. 


Whoever is the new voice of Mario, I'm looking forward to hearing more of them alongside the official announcement of the actor soon.


Speaking of which...


More in just a bit. 

Comments

  1. He had a good run, I am glad to see him retire on a good note. Also good to hear that the voices of Mario and Wario aren't *too* dissimilar to Charles' work. Not like Sonic where all the voices he has ever had in English sound very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I met him at an event years ago and he was such a total sweetheart"

    No, you didn't, you serial liar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zippo likely did, Charles Martinet likes to go to gaming events and meet people (watch Vinesauce's video)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.