What's SEGA Cooking?



Here we are. Choo choo!  The month of June is about arrive to it's destination, which means non-stop video game news and announcements are coming our way. Let's speculate.

You heard the four letter word, "SEGA", and your ears perk up, right? They should. As I'm hearing that SEGA apparently has a bunch of announcements to make this month, they are one of the big studios to look out for.


Based on rumors and current public knowledge, here are some titles that you should (read: should) start to hear about soon.

I've gone and put anything that's inside information from me in bold, that should make it easier to separate that from me speculation.


Jet Set Radio:



This was leaked by Bloomberg last year, and we now have a leak of an early version of the game in action, and I'm extremely impressed. I'm a huge fan of the original two games and I have a lot of faith in this, considering the creator of JSR is officially back at SEGA.

The only thing I can add to this is that Tomoya Ohtani is involved in the new game's soundtrack.


Persona 3 Remake:




Yup, this is totally real. We now have a leaked video of it circulating. The current rumor now is that it'll debut at Xbox's showcase in a few weeks, and that makes sense to me.

The only thing I can add to this batch of rumors is that I heard the game will come to Switch, hopefully at launch.


Samba De Amigo Party Central:




Pretty obvious, but given that this is set for August, expect to see much more of the game heading into it's August release. Super excited for this, by the way. SEGA's in their fucking bag right now. Samba De Amigo was one of the coolest games of the last 20 years, easy. Super glad it's back. 


Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name:



At TGS last year, SEGA said this was coming this year, so unless it's being delayed, this is now the time we would start hearing about it.

Edit: Oh, look at that. Mere minutes after my post, they just announced it, lmao. 

June 16th. 


There's also rumors of a new Crazy Taxi, Sakura Wars and Golden Axe, but I think it's probably too early to talk about any of those quite yet. 


Sonic:





Yes, yes, of course. I haven't forgotten about old big blue. I know what you all came here for.

 
Sonic's already having a busy year, with Murder of Sonic The Hedgehog coming out of nowhere, and the forthcoming release of Sonic Origins Plus is right around the corner.

However, there's more.

I'm hearing that a new Sonic Central should be debuting between now and the end of June.

From what I've been able to gather, there are at least six Sonic related projects in development right now at SEGA. Though please keep in mind, I currently have no clue what content will be in this presentation. Contents of these things do change all of time, and I already get myself in enough trouble with Sonic fans as it is. That said, I can't see us going through this holiday without at least one game releasing.

Here are some educated guesses:


Mario And Sonic 2024:




Once again, job postings have lead to this pretty much being a real thing. As I said previously, two mascots have not missed a single Summer Olympics, and I don't see that changing. It's only a matter of time. More new Dream Events, please!


New Hardlight Sonic Game:




This was previously announced last year. Hardlight has been hard at work on a new Sonic mobile game for the last few years, so it makes sense that they would start to show it around this time.


"Sonic The Hedgehog 5":




The biggest rumored project, of course, is the one I talked about way back in early 2021. The next mainline Sonic title is indeed being billed as a return to the Sonic Advance and Rush series. That said, I've never been told what the title of the game is, which is why I used "Sonic 5" in quotation marks. I genuinely hope that they don't call it that, they did that 13 years ago and that blew right the hell up in their faces. All that title would do is enormously inflate expectations, and that's never good for any game, sequel or not. Hopefully it gets a title that allows it to stand on it's own. Anyway, this game makes the most sense to announce. A traditional, back to basics Sonic game is not something we've had in quite a while, so I'm all for it.



The only thing I can add to my previous reports is that Amy will indeed join the boys in their next adventure. So that makes four characters, so far. Hopefully there will be more than that, but that's a discussion for when the game is actually announced.


Obviously, this is all is addition to the upcoming DLC updates for Sonic Frontiers, which I'm sure they'll be talking about soon as well.

Regardless of what happens this month, SEGA has a lot of excitement in store. I'm looking forward to seeing what the month brings us.



Comments

  1. I know people were pretty mean to you about it before but is there any news about the Persona Akechi game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZIPPO, video games are NOT FOOD! And there isn't gonna be Mario & Sonic At The Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games because your Mario "leaks and rumors" are fakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this blog thank you for this information, Keep up the good work, and keep providing your readers with helpful blogs; greetings from Metavurx VR

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zippo, Nice Blogspot
    Any new characters for M&S Paris 2024

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is Sonic Superstars the game you were talking about, then? You got the character lineup right, but it's more of a "Sonic 4 if it wasn't a repurposed mobile game" kind of game as opposed to an Advance or Rush successor. Or maybe it's more like Advance with the classic designs?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.