Summer Game Fest 2022.


Well, that certainly was something, I guess? 


This was bad. Really bad. Nothing outside of TMNT, SF6, Callisto Protocol, games I was already excited for, interested me. I don't care about Call Of Duty, I don't care about Warhammer, I don't care about Humankind, and nothing about seeing them here changed my mind. That was another problem, the lack of variety. It was literally shooter after shooter, sci fi horror game after sci fi horror game. It got tiring, really fast. Everything blended into one another after awhile, I just about checked out an hour in.


Ending on the remake of Last Of Us. Okay...? Who asked for a remake of this game? It's not even ten years old yet. Naughty Dog used to be one of the coolest, most creative and inventive studios in the industry, and now they're just a factory that does nothing but "movie games". I'm sorry, but the jokes just write themselves. Maybe Druckmann should be writing movies instead of games, because he isn't very good at the latter.


I genuinely nearly fell asleep multiple times during this...thing. If I wasn't in a discord call hanging out and chatting with my friends, I probably would have just turned this off, to be perfectly honest. 


Terrible show. Will not watch this again. These summer events, outside of the State of Play, in all honesty, have been a bummer to watch and write about. These shows just aren't giving me much to be positive about.


Geoff does what he always does. Overpromises and underdelivers. 


Microsoft, please deliver.


 Please.

Comments

  1. Tbf, Geoff literally said ahead of time “There’s only a couple of new reveals, it’ll mostly be games you already know about”. My expectations were met here but yeah there were too many sci-fi horror games and LoU getting a remake seems more like a marketing stunt for the show.

    Zenless Zone Zero showed a bit more and Cuphead DLC info and followup today was nice.

    Regardless, Summer Game Fest has been better than E3 for years now so won’t complain lol. Just hope TGS and TGAs are better this year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.