More Zippo Quick Takes.





Okay, ready for more quick takes? These are oddly popular. 


Here we go!


Nintendo has had a pretty busy week themselves. You could basically call it a mini Direct split into three.


Xenoblade Chronicles 3:



So Xenoblade 3 had it's release date moved up by two whole months, and I gotta say. Wow. The game looks like a humongous improvement upon the second game. The scale of the world seems much bigger, the combat looks to be much more of my speed, and I think the characters look leagues better than whatever the fuck they were doing in the second one. It's also a huge vote of confidence from Nintendo to push up the release two whole months. They know they've got a good game in store, and I'm here for it. Consider me excited. 


Splatoon 3:



So. Splatoon 3...or as many people are calling it...Splatoon 2.5.


Yeah, unfortunately, that seems pretty apt. Ever since it's reveal last year, Splatoon has had the same reaction from people. It looks extremely safe, samey and underwhelming. That argument remains here. The game looks stunning, and it's had a noticable visual bump from the second game. However, that's really kind of it. They haven't really shown anything that has made this feel like a different game. It's more of the same, and I'm like "Well, can't I just play more of Splatoon 2 instead?". They really need to start showing what sets this one apart from it's predecessors soon, because right now, I'm not feeling it. At all. 


New NSO Games:



So, new Genesis games were added to NSO, the first being Genesis launch title Space Harrier 2. Don't bother, that game sucks and didn't even come close to being as good as the original.


Second is Sonic Spinball. I know some people have a really soft spot for it, but I don't, to be quite frank. I think Spinball is a bad game, and I've always felt like this, lmao. That's sure to upset some people, but it is what it is.




Please play Shining Force 2. It's one of the absolute best fucking games of the 16 bit era. I promise you you're going to have a good time. It gets a huge, huge recommendation from my buddy MykonosFan and I. 


Lastly:



A huge dam bursted, and a deluge of GBA and NES games washed away with it.


This makes me excited. Very excited.


Having the NES MegaMan games in any form, redundant or not, is huge cause for celebration for me. What's this? SP versions? Eye emoji goes here.


The GBA is my favorite portable gaming system of all time, so finally being able to play this wonderful system's games on the switch is a joy I can't even describe. The list of titles is vast and I'm hyped to try all of my favorites again. It also seems like mainline Pokemon titles are coming at some point down the road, with online trading. Which is another huge fucking deal.

A new generation of kids deserve to play this system's lineup. I genuinely hope this is announced sooner rather later.

That's all I've got. See you soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the great NEWS!

    Nice reminder with the old Games .
    For lon g time ago Space Harrier II was my favorit.

    In stone age time I can miminder "Shining Force II" was great Single player Story.
    Now devolping own game and try Bomberman starting place as cross Zelda,
    Shining Force Story game.
    The Future will be Playing with friends as Hero/villain in your own Single player Story World.

    Maye become Super Sonic his own Game ;-)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be sonic spinball be better if it was remade in wide-screen with 120 fps?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.