Why I'm Excited For Dragon Ball Super Super Hero.



Hey, everyone. Just saying, you guys are insane. Those Persona articles have caused over 150K people to visit the blog in the last week, like wow. I had no idea Persona fans were so ravenous, I can't blame you, I'm right there with you. Bring on these long awaited ports.


With that out of the way, it's time for my very first Dragon Ball article. Some background. I'm a huge, and I mean, huge Dragon Ball fan, and i have been almost my entire life. The characters, stories, art, and music have all had a profound impact, in my life in a deeply spiritual sense, and I genuinely don't know where I would be without Toriyama's master work. Dragon Ball Battle of Gods was absolutely incredible and it's one of my favorite movies of all time now.

That said, Dragon Ball Super was one of the biggest rollercoasters of my recent life. The show is divisive, highly controversial, inconsistent mess. There's enough holes to pick there for literal days. That said, it wasn't without it's spectacular moments. Episode 40, Episode 110 and Episode 130 are some of my favorite episodes in any visual medium, ever. When Broly was announced for the latest movie, I rolled my eyes and I went "Really? This dumb oaf, again?"




I was wrong. The movie was absolutely incredible and it blew me away. The last 20 minutes are an absolute fucking treat, beginning  to end, and I implore anyone who hasn't watched the movie to watch it. Another one of my all time favorites.

All of that being said, going into this new movie, there were murmurs going around that there was going to be a CG Dragon Ball movie. These rumors were confirmed in July this year, and the response was tepid, to say the least. I was also very worried. Given the hilariously awful CG in Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, many had a right to be concerned.

However, having seen two minutes of footage by this point, I can happily say, I'm excited. The movie actually looks pretty good. They've been able to perfectly adapt Dragon Ball's modern art style into CG without it looking stiff or souless.

Let me break down some further reasons why I'm excited.



Multiple Characters Are The Star:




As was revealed early on, there really isn't a main character in this movie. All of the heroes play will play a role, but as you can see from the poster, it's Gohan and Piccolo that are in the center, not Goku and Vegeta, and that's a good thing. Dragon Ball is the story of Goku, but there's so many other things in the world of Dragon Ball that can be focused on, and this is something that's been proven multiple times. Piccolo is a character that has barely gotten squat in ages, so i'm happy that he's once again gonna get focus.


There's Been A Time Skip:




People have been begging for a skip in time to the final chapters of the manga for ages, and we finally have it. Pan is a little kid being trained by Piccolo, Gohan finally has the career he's aimed for, and Dende has visually aged, among other things. We're finally going to see teenage Trunks and Goten and I'm fucking here for it. I've been waiting ages to see them all grown up. Broly is also in the movie, and that's blown up my excitement even more.


It's A Lower Stakes Movie:




This is another big one. With the Tournament of Power and Broly behind us, sticking to a threat that's just purely Earthbound is a smart idea. The Red Ribbon Army returning after 30 years of absence in the manga is also something that I didn't expect. There's genuine mystery about the army and the new baddies, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2, and that's exciting. Not everything has to be a battle for the fate of the universe, so i'm happy with this direction.


We're Going To Get Another 2D Movie:




Some people now have this irrational fear that CG films are the future of Dragon Ball. Don't be ridiculous, of course not. The staff of Super have been busy on numerous other projects. Dragon Ball's roots have always been in 2D, and that's something that it is never going to change. The franchise's 40th anniversary is in 2024, and I'm sure plans are being made for it at this very moment. I strongly believe there will be an anniversary film to accompany it.

So yeah, those are my thoughts. I will definitely be doing more Dragon Ball articles in the near future.







ALSO CELL GAMES GOHAN IS BACK OH MY GOD LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comments

  1. I have suffered from Herpes Simplex Virus since I was 16 years old, and it was an absolute nightmare. Whatever I did to cure it, it just kept on coming back. My doctor was no help at all, as he gave up after switching between several medications. Since I found your(DR RAZOR) treatment, my life is so much better. No more excruciating Urinating pains. No more sleepless nights. And no more Painful Blisters. ”I am Forever Grateful Because this Treatment of yours has completely healed me and changed my life". Contact DOCTOR RAZOR Through his clinic Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . WhatsApp/ Call him on
    +2349065420442 . I am more Glad that After Having this virus for over 14 years i still could be cured. Thank you so much DR RAZOR.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Midori.

Nintendo Direct Watch Season Begins NOW.

Mario Kart X Will Release In 2025.